Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The real reason the rush offense exploded in the 3 post season games.

0 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
January 21, 2015 at 9:14am
27 Comments

OL playing great, cardale's cannon stretches the defense vertically. not so fast my friends. WR blocking. the OL set up the wall, cardale is a threat to go downfield, the real reason is the down field blocking by our wr's. sure the OL got him to the 2nd level and our passing game opened up the box enough for Elliot to get to the 2nd level, but for him to get chunks of yardage after that you gotta have good downfield blocking. corey smith really stepped up against bama on special teams but he really stepped up his down field blocking imo. heurman had a big day blocking also especially on that counter trap we ran over and over. our offense is really good scheme wise. they were bringing heurman from all different angles in the 2nd half on that counter run play. very smart play calling. I recommend watching the espn film room of the championship game. the coaches did a nice job of pointing out the little things that make some plays possible. one interesting thing on some pass plays. we actually pull a lineman on  pass plays to block to the outside creating a false read for the linebackers,lol. also Cardale only had to read half the field at times simplifying his reads. dare I say mensa like coaching,lol

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments