Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Double Standard?

0 HS
weirdscience's picture
January 17, 2015 at 5:30pm
61 Comments

Oregon is now 0-9 all-time against Ohio State, 0-2 in the last 5 years in the national title game and has still never taken home a national championship. Given the amount of positive hype the Oregon program has received in the last decade, the Ducks objectively seem to be suffering from a case of "can't win the big one" that is more extreme than Ohio State ever suffered in the period from 2006-14. Strangely, however, I have not seen the media propagate a narrative in this direction this week since the title game. If anything, I have seen/heard more of "Oregon has definitely proven they are not a 'soft' program and are able to hang with the big boys, etc." This is in stark contrast to the treatment that the Buckeyes received at the hands of ESPN et al in the years following the '06 season. I would love to see some evidence to the contrary, but to me this is just confirmation that the national sports media loves to troll THE Ohio State. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 61 Comments