Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2015 All-B1G Team Predictions

0 HS
Toolface4's picture
January 17, 2015 at 3:44pm
16 Comments

The offseason is officially upon us.  For me, this is the worst time of the year for sports.  I despise all 4 remaining NFL teams.  I hate the NBA, and dont watch college basketball until March.  I like the NHL, but we are at the time of the season where there is little excitement.  The MLB free agency / trade frenzy seems to be over.

With the early draft entrees finalized, it is time to take a look at the next crop of All-B1G performers.  Some are obvious picks, some are repeats, but some new names should become household next season.

My take, please let me know what you think and if you see some positions coming out differently.

QB:

Easy choice here: The OSU QB.  Potentials for upsets include Connor Cook and Hackenberg (who probably has the most NFL talent of the group) and the deep sleeper could be Jake Ruddock from Iowa.

RB:

Another easy choise here with Zeke.  Other names to watch are Corey Clement, Justin Jackson from Northwestern (very under the radar but very good this season, especially for a true freshmen) with the deep sleeper being the kid transferring to Indiana from UAB.

WR:

This one is a littler harder to project.  Mike Thomas could be the best, especially since his role should be expanding quite a bit, but I think the best in the B1G next year will be Carroo from Rutgers.  Mike Dudek of Illinois is another guy who should put up monster numbers, even if he just improves a little.

TE:

The majority of the B1G's talent at htis position is off to the NFL (Maxx Williams, Funchess, Heuerman, Jesse James, the kid from Rutgers, etc..) so I am going with who I know: Nick Vannett.  I can see Gesecki having a huge year, especially the way PSU utilizes the TE.

OL: I admittely don't know much about the OL, but I know Wisconsin has a couple studs, the kid from MSU Conklin is a stud, and Decker and Elflein are studs.

DE: Bosa. Shilique Calhoun of MSU.  Two easy picks.

DT: Anthony Zettel of PSU (he was first team this past season) and Adolphus Washington

LB: B1G is always stacked.  I could see Lee, McMillon, and Perry gaining honors. I am sure PSU will have someone very good to replace Hull.  This is another position that loses a lot of talent to graduation.

DB: Apple and Bell are the Bucks best shots, but Powell played great down the stretch.  Michigan State will likely reload at the position, what does everyone think for here?

K: Maryland's kicker is a shoe in if he is returning

P: I recall Minnesota having a pretty good punter, not sure how old he was, but everyone around these parts knows its Cams to lose..

Who am I missing?  Any young studs that I am not aware of?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments