Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Old Full House Backfield Lives Again!

0 HS
ohioscott's picture
January 17, 2015 at 10:29am
6 Comments

JT at QB, Zeke at TB, Brax at H-Back, Cardale at FB...OK, I'm being silly, but how would a defensive coordinator prepare for 4 guys who can run crazy and 3 of them who can raise up and throw 50 yards?

On a somewhat more serious note, and probably discussed before, but could / would Braxton play H-Back? I know Marshall mans that position and he looks to be a great player, but he surprised me with his good hands playing in the slot and being open a lot over the middle. He also surprised me with how easy a tackle he was and how much of his speed is straight line when running the ball. So maybe moving Jalin permanently to receiver would help the QB logjam. With 2 shoulder surgeries and the ability he has a runner, it would seem Braxton could enhance his stock in the NFL by taking on another position. We know he can run and pass, but can he catch and block enough to play H-Back?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments