Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Urban's Turnover strategy

0 HS
Young_Turk's picture
January 17, 2015 at 6:58am
121 Comments

Should Urban continue with his strategy on turnovers? 

Last I heard on the topic, he didn't want to take player's out of the game because of turnovers.  I think this was after Curtis Samuel had a turnover, seems like it was at least 6 games ago. 

From the perspective of fixing the turnover problem, clearly, his approach isn't working.  Our stats for the season show 24 fumbles. 

I'm sure some people will argue that the results (Championship!) justify every decision Urbz made thru the season. 

My perspective is that I think he should sit a player for at least a series if the turnover shows carelessness.  Fumbles do happen, but there is a difference between one caused by a monster hit or strip, and those where the player is carrying the ball like a loaf of day-old bread.  This next year, our team will be 2 or 3 players deep in terms of starter quality.  2nd and 3rd string backs won't get as many carries as they should.  I say sit the fumbler for at least a series (again if it was a careless fumble).  Make sure they understand the value of a possession.

What do you think Urban should do? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 121 Comments