Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Take A Deep Breath, Then Read This

0 HS
Chic'sGhost's picture
January 14, 2015 at 1:39pm
55 Comments

Woody Hayes won 3 undisputed NC's and choked away 4 others.  These 4 were not pie in the sky, what if, they were cases where he had the clearly dominant team, and because of his absolute crotchety stubborn refusal to use his offensive weapons, got beat at the end of the year by inferior teams.  Meyer in similar circumstances wins those 7 and 3 more.  

Urban just won one for OSU with freshman and sophomores.  The quarterback situation for the foreseeable future looks incredibly bright with commitments and the recruiting of all other positions is looking better than I can ever recall at OSU.  Tressel had great classes but they were interspersed with classes in the teens.  Not now.  Meyer is landing top 5 classes each and every year. 

Urban is the best coach I've ever seen.  3 NC's and counting. And, his recruiting base, physical facilities and access to money are greater here than Florida.  

So, I don't think its out of the realm of possibility OSU wins 5 NC's in the next decade.  It could be one of the most dominant runs in the history of college football or American sports ever.  As I contemplate the strange situations that moved Tressel out, Meyer to leave Florida and then land here, its a surreal blend of time and space, which may have matched the best coach of his time with the unlimited resources of the strongest football factory and fan base ever.   Kind of like the crazy circumstances that have to happen to split the atom. Everything just came together. 

I am going to sit back and enjoy what's coming. It think its absolutely possible we are looking at the greatest run of a program in the history of sports. I also think we should chip in and pay for monitors at every tattoo shop in Franklin County, just to be safe.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 55 Comments