Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I looked and saw no mention of a TCU post

0 HS
airbuckeye's picture
January 14, 2015 at 4:41am
19 Comments

I thought some would get a kick out of seeing what was being said on the Boards. Now this first one is from a NDShame fan and we all know how they are. But the Second one i laughed the whole time i was reading it LOL Both are a little long so it's up to the readers it you choose to read them or not.

Keep in mind,  the BCS  system utilized polls, and computer measures to pick the two top teams in the nation.  It may have not always worked,  but ,  they NEVER  had a team DROP  3  spots after winning a conference game by 52 points !!!

This was  nothing more than the powers that be ,  sticking it to the Big XII  conference, for whatever reason, and taking the MILLIONS of dollars that they would have earned, and giving it to the Big 10 conference ! 

Nothing more,  nothing less !

The playoff committee  just created more doubt as to its legitimacy than the BCS ever did !

Based on their decision to DROP  TCU from 3rd to 6th, (as to think that right minded football fans would buy that),  and elevate FSU to 3 (who they dropped to four , just one week ago)  to make room for the only BIG 10 team that was close to the TOP 4,  is more evidence that they WERE NEVER committed to finding the four best teams,  just interested in finding the FOUR teams from their  FAVORITE conferences to play in this playoff.

YOU GUYS , AND YOUR CONFERENCE , GOT  JOBBED  (to put it mildly)  THEY ROBBED YOUR CONFERENCE OF MONEY $$$ AND WORST, they ROBBED YOUR CONFERENCE and your school,  of a  LIGIT  SHOT to win the National Title  !!!

Some suggest that if OU or UT  had been in the same position as TCU and had clobbered a low ranked  Iowa St  by 52,  there would not have been the same slighting by the committee that you saw here !

THAT may be true, but I'm still saying, if you are NOT going to give TCU the same respect as conference rivals with slightly  richer football history,  then  WHY HAVE THIS BOGUS COMMITTEE AND BOGUS PLAYOFF  VOTE ????

THIS WAS A  SHAM,  AND  A  SHAME !

HONESTLY,   everyone knew from day one that at least one conference  was going to be left out of the inaugural playoff, and the way things were looking , until MISS ST'S  loss to ole Miss,  there were going to be TWO conferences on the outside looking in,  because the SEC was going to get two teams in the playoff !

So, for me, I would not blame the BIG XII  one bit, if they removed themselves from this BOGUS PLAYOFF, and as a Notre Dame fan,  I would love to see ND support the BIG XII and walk out of this crap too !

Good luck in your bowl game, but seriously, this was  CRAP !

Consider this:

1)  TCU beats Wisconsin the the 1/1/2011 Rose Bowl on a final play that could not possibly be overturned by the Refs.  Thanks Tank.

2)  TCU beats a tough Minnesota Gopher team on September 13, 2014 -  30 to 7.

3)  November 15, 2014 - tOSU beats Minnesota 31 to 24.

4)  November 18, 2014 - Wisconsin has a running back that gets 408 yards in 3 quarters during a 70 - 31 beating of Nebraska's "Black Shirt" defense.

5)  November 29, 2014 - Minnesota loses to Wisconsin 34 to 24.

ALL OF THE GAMES LOOK WITHIN THE PARAMETERS OF HISTORY AND STRENGTH - TO THIS POINT.

Tuesday - December 2, 2014 - CFP poll has TCU at #3 and tOSU not in the top 4.

B1G is about to lose literally MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to the Big 12.

Enter the patsy.  A school that hates TCU and can't get revenge any way other than throwing the B1G championship game.  Doesn't take much.  Just don't score and don't play defense.

6)  December 6, 2014 - tOSU beats Wisconsin 59 - 0.

tOSU gets ranked CFP 4 and TCU drops to CFP 6 with Baylor jumping to CFP5 (but just out of the money - Oh! too bad, so sad).

B1G gets the CFP paycheck.

I'm not a conspiracy nut, but I think Oswald did not act alone,  I think Wisconsin took a dive, I think the B1G was in on it, and I think that the CFP knew it but did not care.

No one will ever convince me otherwise.

GO OREGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments