Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Who is the team's MVP from this year?

0 HS
CTBuckeye's picture
January 13, 2015 at 4:31pm
27 Comments

In between trying to work and control my excitement today I was trying to think who would be the team's MVP from this past year (coaches included), and kept coming up with great arguments for multiple people.  I wanted to see what the 11W community thinks, but I'll lay out my case for some of the choices.

Note: I took the cheap way out and listed people in groups for some choices since it was hard to separate them:

1. The coaching staff - I know this is very broad, but how do you pick one out of the list?  Herman taking both a 2nd and 3rd string QB and preparing them / making them look like 4 year starters; Ash and Fickell with the huge improvement in the secondary; O-line coming together under Warinner and totally dominating the last three games; UFM bringing it all together with one vision?  There are just so many great options.

2. The D-line - Michael Bennett playing the role as senior leader, with Bosa consistently making huge plays.  They set the tone for the entire defense and made it difficult for teams to run the ball all season long.

3. EzE - what he has did in the last three games of the season is beyond amazing.  220, 230, and 246 for 8 total TDs against top teams with top defenses (props to the "Slobs" as well for creating those huge holes).

4. The secondary - after taking so much flack last year, they consistently made huge plays at critical times.  Hard to say this wasn't the most improved unit on this team from last year (and this is after losing a 1st round NFL pick in Bradley Roby).

5. JT and Cardale - after Cardale's performance the last three games it's hard to just list one or the other.  JT obviously got us there, but Cardale took over and got the job done.

There are others I can list, but at least in my mind these were the biggest factors.  When it comes down to it I think the fact that there are so many possible MVPs on this team goes to show not just the talent they had, but how much they actually played as a "team."  There were no doubt great players and great plays, but when they were at their best, they were playing as one unit.

Enjoying the present and excited for the future...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments