Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

ESPN Spider Cam of Sugar Bowl

0 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture
January 8, 2015 at 2:45am
7 Comments

On ESPN 3 in the Watch ESPN app, if you go select "football" and then "replay", there is a version of the Sugar Bowl that is just the ESPN Spider Cam (wire cam) uncut for the whole game with natural audio. Some stuff is really awesome to see. I highly recommend the last drive of the first half (starting around 1:35). After the Spencer-Thomas TD, the camera follows Thomas for 2 minutes on the sidelines while they review the play. There's a lot of stuff that you don't get to see in the broadcast like player interactions on the sideline. Thomas hugging Spencer after the pass is great. Also nice to see Dontre was the first guy to greet WRs on TDs coming off the field.

Smith's long TD is at 2:13 

Steve Miller's TD is at 2:34 (Curtis Grant's lack of a reaction/celebration is bizarre fwiw) Larry Johnson mobbing him is great. Watching the celebration in real time without replays has a way of humanizing the game. Pretty cool.

Zeke's run is at 3:28 and it is glorious

Okay, I gotta go practice with my microdrone now so hopefully I can operate the spider cam someday.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments