Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

General UFM: Great Leadership Should Not Be Taken For Granted

0 HS
Block OH Face's picture
January 4, 2015 at 1:13am
3 Comments

My fellow 11Wers, we have an outstanding head coach in our very own, General Urban F Meyer.  While I’m no wordsmith, I will attempt to convey the admiration that I have for Coach Meyer, in my first-time-ever 11W forum post; hopefully, without turning it into an essay on the qualities/effects of leadership.

Ladies and gentlemen, I come from a background of military service, and I know first-hand the effects a great leader can have on getting men and women to live up to their potential.  The camaraderie that I believe that exists among this season’s staff and team is by no means a matter of happenstance.  We have a great leader!  This team was all but left for dead after Braxton went down 11 days before the season opener.  After the VA Tech loss, many said that there was “no chance in hell”.  Well, we have a leader that would not let our team think that was possible.

In my very own experiences, I have seen amazing leaders turn troubled teens and unmotivated mopes into outstanding men and women - most of whom could’ve gone either way without the intervention of a great leader’s inspiration.  General Meyer has motivated the staff under his command, and the young men that play for tOSU, to propel them in to the position to make college football history as one of the first two teams to win a national championship title in an undisputed (TCU fans excluded) manner.

Although I’m not in the locker room, I would bet that most members of his staff and team would drive through hell in a gasoline truck wearing thermal underwear and a fur coat with their hair on fire for General Urban F Meyer.  I know I would!

Perhaps I've had a bit too much courvoisier tonight, but I feel that Coach Meyer has done an outstanding job this season and deserves recognition.  The COY award belongs to UFM.

HOORAH, Coach Meyer, HOORAH!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments