Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Did Urban Meyer fear Alabama?

0 HS
BuckDoc's picture
January 3, 2015 at 11:10pm
33 Comments

I just wanted to make an observation I noticed from the Bama game. Urban Meyer praised Alabama a lot before the game and I assumed it was just gamesmanship but it seemed to me that the playcalling during the game gave them too much respect. I don't know if it had anything to do with his past experiences facing Nick Saban but I thought he could have put more trust in our players. He saw the film of Alabama's strong run defense and it seemed that he decided not to utilize Ezekiel Elliott in the red zone in the 1st quarter. For some reason it seemed that he also didn't use Elliott much in the 2nd half until the big 85-yard run. And then the long pass play late in the 4th quarter showed too much respect for Alabama's ability to score against us.

Fortunately, our players clearly did not fear Bama at all. In fact, I think they were tired of hearing about how good Bama was. Hopefully that attitude continues against Oregon and maybe it will rub off on the coaches too.

With that said, I love our coaches and they have done a better job developing and preparing our players than anyone in the country. I wouldn't trade them for anyone but I'm just saying I hope they trust our players more in the next game. This has been an amazing season and I have a feeling the best is yet to come...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments