Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2005 Playoff?

0 HS
sbentz4's picture
January 3, 2015 at 3:31pm
15 Comments

I heard some interesting commentary about looking back on the BCS era and wondering what the implications of a playoff would have been.  Some people are now discounting the BCS era because the top teams never settled it on the field.  One of my favorite buckeye teams was the 2005 squad that ended up losing 2 extremely close games to the eventual #1 and #3 teams in the country.  I think it was probably the best OSU team since the championship team in 2002.  If there was a playoff at the time, we would have probably made it as the #4 seed and faced off against #1 USC in the semi while Penn St. (#3) would have faced off against #2 Texas.   First of all, these games would have been amazing to watch, but what do you think are chances would be?  I think we would have had a legitimate chance to take it all.  What do think?

Reminder about our team: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Ohio_State_Buckeyes_football_team

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments