Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

SEC Network -Tebow on Urban's typical pregame speech (contrasted to Saban's pregame speech)

0 HS
JLBNYC's picture
January 3, 2015 at 1:42am
24 Comments

http://www.secsports.com/video/12109662/saban-meyer-pregame-speeches

Thought this was interesting.  Tim Tebow described Meyer's typical pregame speech. which was contrasted to Marcus Spears' description of Saban's speech (Meyer - more emotional; asking for all-out effort vs Saban, which is more low key and business-like).

I also recorded and watched the SEC channel post-game. Spears said that OSU wanted it more and played like it. All of them were complimentary of OSU's coaching and players. Though there was some recognition that Bama didnt play its best game and made some poor plays/decisions, much credit was given to OSU (i.e., didnt come across as "Bama gave it to them). 

I dont think the SEC or Bama are dead, but we can certainly enjoy this day. And it did a great deal in rehabilitating OSU's national reputation.

NOTE - I did a check on past topics and didnt see this one -- my apologies if i missed it

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments