Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Defensive Line concerns

0 HS
otrain2416's picture
January 2, 2015 at 6:48pm
27 Comments

First of all I want to say I'm still on cloud nine after this victory. I like most of you have been waiting patiently to smack the SEC in the mouth again since Arkansas. I try to take of the scarlet and gray glasses and be as nonbiased as possible. Because of this, I wanted to bring up a concern I had in the Bama game as well as coming up for Oregon is our DL, specifically depth.

Our starting four guys are amazing and played great. My concern is after those four it seems like we have absolutely nothing. There was little if any rotation I saw of our DL. I saw Frazier come in for a few plays to relieve an extremely tired Bosa and absolutely get his ass blown out by that Bama OL as they ran in for a TD. I mean where are Schutt, Hill, Munger, Sprinkle, Carter, Holmes, or Lewis? Its pretty bad when I can physically see how dead our front four are and our coaches would rather leave in a guy struggling to fire off the ball sucking wind then put in a fresh set of legs. Seems like all these backups showed glimpses and are heading towards being busts on the DL if our coaches have no confidence to put them in the game.

OSUs DL was absolutely dead in the fourth quarter vs Bama. I saw little to no explosion off the ball and guys struggling to move in space to make plays. It seemed the only time we generated pressure vs Sims was Bosa riding solo being a monster or sending the house on the blitz. I'm not suggesting we rotate every series, but we should have another 4 guys that can come in and relieve our starters for ~20 plays/ game without much of a drop off. I'm actually very concerned for Oregon with this lack of depth and rotation with their fast pace offense. Anyone else notice this?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments