Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Great Write Up on the Sugar Bowl From Roll Bama Roll

0 HS
hodge's picture
December 31, 2014 at 2:40pm
12 Comments

Since Eleven-Dub has yet to drop their Sugar Bowl preview, I thought I'd share one that I read from the fine folks over at the Crimson Tide's SB Nation page, Roll Bama Roll.  Entitled "Hope For the Best: Ohio State Buckeyes Edition", it's well worth a glance to see how some 'Bama fans are feeling about tomorrow's matchup.

Spoiler Alert - It's not nearly as homer-ish as you're expecting.  A pretty balanced look, in my opinion -- if slightly (but understandably) uninformed about the intricacies of this 2014 Buckeye squad.

"What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference...the precious present moment." - Coach Nick Saban

In a game so draped in tradition and the ghosts of legend past, it is hard for one to forget that what happened yesterday is history. For certainly, the Alabama Crimson Tide and Ohio State Buckeyes are the royals of college football, blue bloods who sit atop a mountain of accomplishment, pageantry and tradition.

None of that, however, will matter as the two teams push into the mystery of tomorrow, their first explorations into the new endeavor of the College Football Playoff. Sure, there will be prognosticators who claim to peer through crystal balls at futures to come, but if any among us know the outcome of this match-up of regals, please, by all means, speak your piece now.

For these two teams, the precious present moment will come when the ball is first held aloft in the heavy Louisiana air of the Superdome, the hallowed ground of past conquests for both teams. While Alabama felt the sting of defeat in its last trip to New Orleans, it won a recent BCS National Championship over LSU on the very field upon which it will meet the enemy from the north. And Ohio State sampled from the rare palette of victory over an SEC foe in its last trip to the Sugar Bowl, a controversy-tinged victory over the Arkansas Razorbacks.

But none of these prior events will cast a shadow on what will come on the first day of the coming new year. For both teams, the Sugar Bowl represents the shadowy mystery of what is to come that is executed in that perfect, precious present moment..."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments