Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Change Of Heart

0 HS
Buckeye419er's picture
December 31, 2014 at 8:37am
20 Comments

First off let it be known that I am a Buckeye through and through. I love this game and I love this team. Not only this year but all years, the good and the bad. It's a part of me. With that said, in regards to making bold predictions, I am not one of those types of fans. I weigh the pros and cons. I don't often go out on limb to stress the fact that I think my favorite college football team will win even when facing what I would consider inferior opponents. I'm even keeled and fair in my judgments (for the most part). I'm not much for bragging and I rarely talk smack even after a beat down such as the one we witnessed just a few weeks prior. It's simply not in my nature. I've been reading a lot of different takes on tomorrow's matchup against Alabama and find it almost making me cringe at the confidence that some of our fellow 11w members have displayed. I'm superstitious which doesn't help in the least. I have items I wear on my person for luck and rituals I perform both before and during the games. I'm a firm believer in karma and the like. But at some point this morning I found myself having a change of heart so to speak. I felt this unusual calm set somewhere deep within my soul. Not to be cliché, but after some reading and some video watching graciously provided by our favorite 11w crew something in me changed and I was suddenly overwhelmed with the feeling that this is in fact a "team of destiny". I'm not even particularly fond of the term but it just happens to be the best description of how I feel. This is our time. I'm gonna make my prediction. THE Ohio State Buckeyes upset Alabama Crimson Tide in a back and forth game for the ages. A game in which the Buckeye special teams proves to be the deciding factor between two very evenly matched opponents. I pray that I am right and this feeling I've suddenly encountered isn't just my wishful thinking. I will say this about the teams this year though, they have made a believer out of me. If any of the players or coaches for that matter happen to come across this post all I can say is do what you know how to do best and victory will be yours. To my fellow fans, be safe and have a Happy New Year! Let's get this win. As always Go Bucks and Beat Bama! O-H!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments