Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

A Senior Moment

0 HS
buckeye phi's picture
December 30, 2014 at 11:09pm
12 Comments

Or - a moment for our seniors -

I've noticed what (to me) has been a surprising number of references to next year - in spite of the almost magical season we've had the pleasure to experience.  Don't get me wrong - the future couldn't look much brighter than it does.  But we've just had an incredible run leading up to the play-off.  The present is looking awfully good.

I've wondered though, if the team would have had any chance of establishing the kind of chemistry they obviously have if it wasn't for a very special senior class.  The obstacles this team has overcome have helped to unite them - but without the right kind of leadership, that may not necessarily have been the case.

So I just thought this might be a good time to give them a little extra recognition.  As the lone senior on the offensive line Darryl Baldwin has obviously fully embraced his opportunity when it finally arrived.  And, often lining up right next to him, Jeff Heuerman has percevered through an early season injury and played very well. 

Our two fine senior wide receivers will be greatly missed.  Devin Smith has overcome his one-trick-pony reputation to become a complete player.  Evan Spencer's tremendous skill at open-field blocking may not show up in the stats, but his teammates and coaches appreciate it.

Michael Bennett was expected to exel this season and he has not disappointed.  Steve Miller flew like an eagle into starting role when it was suddenly thrust upon him.   Now Rashad Frazier is coming on strong, too.

Curtis Grant has played solid football and has been a fine mentor for Kwon, the future centerpiece of the defense.  And Doran Grant has added excellent coverage skills to his blazing speed - becoming a virtual shut-down corner.

Add to that the guys who don't get in to the games, but have put four years in to the effort, regardless.  It's a special group of seniors.  We should fully embrace them now - while we still have the chance.  They will be missed.

-

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments