Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Difference Between 2012 and Now is Staggering

0 HS
DaiTheFlu's picture
December 30, 2014 at 10:06pm
12 Comments

Not sure of anyone saw it, but the B1G Network recently played the 2012 Ohio State vs. Indiana game, which I thought would be an amusing watch, for old times' sake. Obviously, we all remember 2012 fondly, as it was Urban's honeymoon year and going 12-0 probably helped a bit as well. After watching the game, all I can say is WOW. That offense - and defense, pre - Zack Boren was PAINFUL to watch! Granted, Brax, Carlos and Devin all made some big plays in that game, but I'd forgotten how undisciplined the team was that early in Urb's tenure. They obviously got better as the year went on, but we are incredibly fortunate to have a team that's morphed into what we have today. My few observations from that game:

1. It's no wonder Brax got hurt so much that year. The offense was literally "Brax left, Brax right, pass to Philly Brown", with the occasional bomb to Devin Smith.

2. LOL Storm Klein. Again, this was pre ZB at MLB. Man, are we lucky to have Chef, Josh and Darron Lee.

3. Bradley Roby was a goddamn STUD. He scored a TD on a punt block, partially blocked another and broke up several passes. Would love to have him Thursday.

4. Rod Smith, whyyyyyy?! Damn you, Rod. He had a few tough ass runs in this game, remember which was before we knew what we had in El Guapo. Would've loved to see more from Rod over his career here.

5. Indiana passed quickly, likely to neutralize our D line, but we got no pressure the entire game. Again, what a long way we've come, especially considering the loss of Spence. The same thoughts apply to Spence as to Rod Smith, by the way. :(

What a great time to be a Buckeye. Can't wait for Thursday!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments