Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Jim Heacock

0 HS
Gofor2's picture
December 16, 2014 at 1:58pm
28 Comments

Does anyone know what Jim Heacock is doing these days? I wish Urban Meyer would go after him. This is a guy that produced a top 5 defense almost every single year. In 2007 we finished with a top ranked D in the country and Jim won the Broyles Award. I have always felt that not retaining Heacock was a huge mistake,  a guy that had been coaching at OSU for 17 years, was a Defensive Coord. since 05' and gave OSU the highest average ranking in total defense from 05-2010. Hell, even his worst defensive year in 11' we still ranked 26th. The guy is a force, not just good, but one of the best. I wonder if maybe Urban pissed him off or disrespected him in some way? I sure wish we could get him back. He could do a lot with our talent.  What actually got me thinking of this was over on the scUM board someone said they should get Tressel. So another member commented that if Jim Heacock came as part of the deal then he was all in. I found that interesting since they have Mattison. Anyway, does anybody know what Heacock is doing these days?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments