Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Herman Coaching Playoff Good or Bad?

0 HS
BGSUBucksFan's picture
December 16, 2014 at 1:54pm
47 Comments

Let me first emphasize that I am all about Tom Herman and couldn't have asked for a better OC hire from Meyer.  With that being said, is it really a good thing that he's coaching the playoff?  Meyer and Warriner together should be able to get the job done, and I worry that Tom's head won't be entirely with us (not that I blame him).  For example, there have already been reports about coaches he plans on bringing with him, so clearly he's been on the prowl to fill out his staff at Houston; that's less time spent preparing for Alabama.  I'm sure there are countless other tasks that aren't even being reported that Herman needs to do to prepare for the switch that he's in the process of doing.  When I heard the initial report that he would only be coaching the Alabama game regardless of outcome, I thought that was the worst case scenario (and still do); either you're in or you're out.  Now that it's confirmed he's in, I wonder if that's the best case scenario.  I whole-heartedly feel that Herman deserves to be a part of any success this year's squad has, but I wish the interview and accepted offer had come after the playoff.  If any squad wanted him badly enough, they would wait for him.  Here's to hoping he's as prepared as he always would be.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments