Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

On Next Year and Guarantees

0 HS
njclebuckeye5's picture
December 14, 2014 at 4:46pm
17 Comments

When JT went down, I took the mindset that winning the B1G Championship was paramount, and anything else was gravy. This team is young, playing with its 3rd string QB, and no one (except DJ) thought they would be in this position. That B1G 'ship was amazing to experience, and made this season a roaring success. 

But I've caught myself thinking, and seen others saying that even if we lose, we'll get back next year with an even better team. Logically, I agree. This team is young, we will have either Braxton or JT (or both?) at the the helm, and will be favorites to take the conference and make the playoff. No matter what happens in January, I will be pumped for next season. 

Sports are not logical. College football is not logical. As we've seen every year in Columbus and around the country, crazy, unpredictable stuff happens that change teams' seasons. Winning the conference and making next years' playoff are not guaranteed. 

This year, they're here with a great shot to win. I'm sure I'm mostly preaching to the choir, and this post is here because Jan 1 is wayyyy to far away. I just wanted to remind myself and anyone else who forgot that nothing is guaranteed, and Ohio State football is the best. Let's enjoy this one.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments