Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Urban Meyer: greatest coach ever?

0 HS
BuckDoc's picture
December 13, 2014 at 1:24pm
78 Comments

If OSU wins the national title this year Urban Meyer will have won national championships at two different schools (and had an undefeated season at a 3rd school). Has that ever happened before? I did a quick search and couldn't find anyone who won national titles at multiple schools. I guess the closest would be Pete Carroll winning a national title and a Super Bowl.
This Sugar Bowl features the two best college football coaches in the very first ever college football playoff game. After we beat Bama it will be clear who's the best coach in the country, perhaps ever.

EDIT: I somehow missed that Saban also won a title at LSU, so Meyer can match that this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Meyer ends up winning more championships than Saban in his career. And what Meyer has accomplished this year with this OSU team is quite remarkable, worthy of National COY honors in my opinion.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 78 Comments