Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Problems in Wisconsin

0 HS
Gofor2's picture
December 11, 2014 at 11:03am
42 Comments

I like many was shocked to hear G. Anderson was leaving Madison for Oregon St.. It struck me as alarming that two successful and competent coaches would leave a great university, with a great football culture, only to take jobs at what many see as less attractive situations. Now I do not pretend to have any idea as to what would drive the choices Bert and Gary have made. But it is disheartening to see the Big10 lose coaches like Anderson, a guy who genuinely seemed to care about his players and having a competitive program.

So two good coaches bolt for lesser jobs for no apparent reason? I cannot help but believe that this is driven by Barry Alvarez. What I find sort of nuts is that in both cases Alvarez claims to had no idea it was happening until the day it happened. Assuming this is true, and I do, why would that be the case? Why would Anderson and Bert have hidden their intent to leave until it was a done deal? I can only conclude that Alvarez had to be so difficult to be around, and/or dominate and forceful with his views of how the Head Coach should do his job, that these guys hated it so much that they essentially said fuck it, and took crappier jobs just to get the hell out of there. That type of arrogant, " you not as smart as me" attitude from Alvarez has to be the problem. I think because Bert was sort of brought up in it he was able to deal with it a while longer, but I think Anderson thought, fuck this shit. That type of culture, coupled with tight purse strings will unfortunately keep a " Great" coach out of Madison. It's to damn bad too, cause having great coaches in our conference is exactly what we need.

Again, I am making a lot of wild ass assumptions here, and really have no freaking idea what I'm talking about, I'll be the first to say. But this all make sense to me, cause little else does.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments