Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU v Wisc Rewind/Observation

0 HS
cjzarecki's picture
December 9, 2014 at 3:09am
4 Comments

I watched the re-run of the BIG10 champ game today. Let me first say that this was one of the most dominant games I have seen from a Buckeye team against a quality opponent in a very very long time. With that said, I noticed very key things which swung the game in OSU's favor. 

Crunching some simple stats... before Von Bell's interception at the end of the 1st Q Wisconsin actually moved the ball quite well averaging 5.4 yds per play. At the time of Bell's INT Ohio State was up 14-0. After Bell's INT, it seemed that it completely sucked the life out of Wisconsin and it seemed that they lost any confidence especially after Ohio State put 10 more points on the board. After Bell's INT Wisconsin only averaged 2.5 yds per play.

It was clear to me that these events completely swung the game for OSU and the Wisconsin offense never got going again. I think it's important for two reasons:

#1 When jumping on a team early the throat slash followed quickly

#2 Jumping all over the game early and making huge plays seemed to allow Cardale (The Tower of Power) to play a little more loosely and confidently than he may have expected to, much earlier, and it seemed to carry throughout the game. 

In conclusion, I think it will be interesting to see how this shakes out Jan. 1st because let's face it, Alabama is just a different beast, they have vastly better Qb,Rb, and WR play across the board than Wisconsin does. I don't think OSU will run away with the game as early as they did this past weekend (although I'd love that!) and will that bring a different aspect/feeling to the game and how Cardale will need to play? In all likelihood Cardale will need to play a complete game, but it will be interesting to see if he is in command and has gained confidence from the Wiscy beat-down.

If the Buckeyes can make big plays and take advantage I think they will do very well. And regardless of the outcome of Jan. 1st I am extremely proud of this team, and I hope I'm watching the bullets on the 12th of Jan!

GOBuckeyes.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments