Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

My New Favorite Sports Moment

0 HS
youngbuck95's picture
December 8, 2014 at 10:23am
9 Comments

I'm only 19. The days of Woody Hayes on the sideline are ancient history to me. I can only remember one or two of the losses to TTUN that have occurred in my lifetime, and I was too young to appreciate the gravity of the 2002 Fiesta Bowl as I watched with my dad at the tender age of 7. 

With that being said, Saturday night was special. It silenced doubters. It silenced some doubt that I myself had, as I'm sure it did for many others on this site. What this team was able to accomplish in Lucas Oil Stadium will go down as one of the most dominant showings in Ohio State Football history. 

For me, it is now my favorite sports memory. No, it wasn't a tight game late, nor was it a "barnburner" as Brent would call it, but it was this team fulfilling its true potential. That is special. How often can you truly say that a team  performed to the absolute best of its abilities? How often do you see a near-perfect game? It is definitely not that often.

With all the excitement for our impending game with Bama, I just wanted to take a moment to make sure that I myself appreciate how exceptional Saturday night was, and hopefully help some of you realize it too. No matter what happens on New Year's Day, this has been a phenomenal season from an excellent, persevering team. They make me proud to be able to call myself a Buckeye.

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments