Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2006 in Reverse

0 HS
Youngbuck85's picture
December 7, 2014 at 7:20pm
13 Comments

I got to thinking a bit about how Urban was the one who started all this SEC bs and now he has a chance to end it and it made me think a little more about the similarities between those two teams / situations from 2006 and this upcoming sugar bowl. Most of it is a stretch but here it goes. 

1 many in 2006 thought the big ten would put 2 in the national championship, this year people thought the SEC could have 2-3 in the playoffs

2. OSU in 06 and bama now are led by dual threat senior qbs who's teams have gone from their usual pro style run game to a spread / hurry up mix. Both have/ had young stars at tailback who were rated 1 coming out of HS (beanie and Henry). Both had absolutely star studded receiving corps, and top 10 defenses

3.  Urbans team suffered a loss earlier in the season and had to campaign for Florida to even have the chance to get in, as he did this year

4 OSU in 06 and Bama now are huge favorites... Many are assuming alabama will destroy us just as they thought We would blow Florida out

5. Urbans 06 team famously used 2 QBs throughout the year, and cardales style is similar to tebow

6. Both of Urbans teams had track stars at receiver and absolutely dominant defensive lines 

Im overthinking things but I'm already anxious to get down to NOLA and watch the bucks pull off the upset 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments