Ohio State football fan talk.

Now it's time to return the Rose it's rightful place

0 HS
osu78's picture
December 7, 2014 at 7:53am
2 Comments

Cardale channeled it with the Rose on his ear:

Rose: Pac 12 - B1G: Oregon - OSU

Not only would that be a great matchup but it preserves the Rose Bowl tradition, and gives the Suger the SEC champ as well. 

After the screaming over the final four we can then go to an eight team playoff with:

Rose: Pac 12 - B1G

Suger: SEC vs non-Power 5 selection

Orange: ACC vs non-Power 5 selection

Cotton (or Fiesta but prefer Cotton): Big 12 vs non-Power 5 selection

Rotate the final 4 between those bowls and the Championship played in the winning city like the Super Bowl.

Having non-Power 5 in the mix even lets ND stay independent if they want.

I'd also love to see more of what the Pac 12  - B1G planned before realignment where all teams from a conference play the other, seeded based on pre-season bowls. You could have a B1G - Pac12 challenge, SEC - ACC Challenge, SEC - B1G challenge, etc. and still have some other marquee OOC games since what counts is wining the conference; not scheduling paydays for cupcakes. The excitement, quality and revenue would be pretty amazing. Bama, Auburn and USC in the Horseshoe, OSU at Bryant–Denny, Jordan - Hare and the Coliseum. 

59 - 0 I have to admit I never dreamed it would be a blowout, I expected a nail - biter.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 2 Comments