Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Linebacker play and defense in general.

0 HS
chemicalwaste's picture
December 4, 2014 at 12:42am
24 Comments

In watching The Game today I paid a little more attention to pursuit angles on run plays (since the frickin camera zooms in too far too see anything on pass plays, so it's all you can see). Is it just me, or is Raekwon McMillan not the best linebacker we have even as a true freshman? It seems like he had more natural instinct about finding where a play is going than anybody else, and about the only time he didn't make a play was when someone else didn't trust their teammate to make the play, got out of position and cut him off, causing both players to miss the tackle half the time. Either a safety would dive at the runner and take out #5 (or another backer) or a lineman would assume responsibility to make the play and essentially bring a blocker right in front of him instead of eating up the blocker and allowing the backer to make the play.

It appears to me their is a little lack of trust between these guys to make the plays or tackle in the open field. Then they are out of position leading to some pays being bigger than they should have been.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments