Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Team Recipe: A Winning Pattern

0 HS
Buckeye1996's picture
November 30, 2014 at 11:59am
11 Comments

I have seen a ton of stuff complaining about the nuances of coaching, play calling, preparation and even calls for firing coaches.

So, I would like to toss out some thoughts on losing players to injury, and how our coaches have adapted their system to enhance the skill set of players that are healthy and can play. 

As always, I apologize in advance for any repetition and my intention is not to devalue other posters or opinions.

I would like to focus on the QB position although if you think about it, we lost a ton of other players to injury and other issues. Clark, Spence, Dontre, are a few names. Certainly there are others.

Last year we lost Braxton for several games. Guiton comes in and puts up big numbers. Braxton comes back and has a great year. Guiton was called by some as one of the greatest backup QBs ever at OSU.

This year we lost Braxton again. JT comes in and has a record breaking season. He gets hurt, and now it is Jones's turn although the jury is still out. I think we will be pleasantly surprised at Cardale's performance.

See a pattern here? What about the same pattern at other positions where injuries have occurred? It is the same. Nothing but production.

Sure we have the talent, but how many other teams in the country can bounce back from devastating injuries to not only be respectable but be in the CF playoff conversation?

The common denominator here is coaching. Yes coaching and scheme. 

Our coaches have a scheme and plan flexible enough to leverage the talent that we have available. The facts are right in front of us. Look at the wins versus losses. Look at the production. Look at the team chemistry. It all right there before us.

I am thankful we have such great coaches. It doesn't mean we can't be critical, but as a fan, I step back and think about the big picture. The future is bright, and I am so happy that we have the best damn coaches in the land.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments