Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

After Finally Watching Big Ten Elite I Implore You Buckeyes, Please Win By 30 Or More!

0 HS
ohioscott's picture
November 28, 2014 at 9:36am
18 Comments

I knew it was going to be hard to revisit the 96 season, that is why I DVRed the Big Ten Elite episode and was not sure I could stomach it again. Had I known there would be so much about Cooper and the 95 season I probably would have deleted it unwatched.

But by the end of the 1st qtr my much anticipated Thanksgiving evening feast of Texas smacking TCU around turned out to be as much a fantasy as most of my Salma Hayek thoughts, I decided to hit play.

It all came flooding back the hand wringing, the head shaking, the expletives...ugh!

There is little doubt in my mind that with the possible exception of the boys from 68 that the 96 team was the greatest Buckeye team ever, but for the words, "would have, could have, should have".

If there is any wavering from this 2014 team and the fans who follow it about the legitimacy of this rivalry with TTUN because we have won 9 of the last 10 then the words "John Cooper Era" ought to be a jarring head slap.

In fact, I hope Urban Meyer sit the team and coaches down and watched this episode on B1G and continues to refer to it right up to game time, maybe there should even be a 96 wrist band for every player to look down at throughout the game.

I finished watching the episode and while the Rose Bowl victory was sweet, it didn't erase the pain of the 95 and 96 losses and all I could think about for this Saturday was a quote from the immortal Mickey Goldmill, "let's morder da bum!".

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments