Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Brody Hoke, ummm, ahhh, does it again...Dead Man talking....

0 HS
danavh4's picture
November 25, 2014 at 2:33pm
22 Comments
Brady Hoke's weeklly Presser...classic Hoke!

Thanks for coming. This is, ahhh, one of those weeks, ummm, where there is a lot of excitement and obviously, ummm, when this rivalry, which I believe is the greatest one is sport, and, ummm, that obviously would make it the greatest rivalry in college football, and so, ahhh, it’s fun. It is fun to prepare. It’s a game that, ummm, the intensity level by both teams is always at its highest. Ummm, we all want to play our best, and that’s our goal, to play your best game on that last Saturday in November. Ummm, very balanced team we are going to play, when you look at what they do from an, ummm, offense, defense, special teams standpoint. Ummm, there’s, ummm, a great deal of pride when you play in this game, coach in this game. Ahhh, that is special. You talk to the guys who have played in it, and they, ummm, can tell you how special it is. We have got to improve, we have got to improve every week, and that is one of the goals we have always had. And, ummm, at times we are making strides, and at times, ummm, we are not as good executing as we would like to be, but this is a game that is like no other, and, ummm, we are excited about it.”

Hoke on Ohio State quarterback J.T. Barrett

Yeah, I think J.T., I think, ummm, if you look at the progression from, ahhh, the first start to going through the season, and, ummm, I think he has done a great job in how they manage and what he wants and has to do offensively. He is athletic, obviously, and, ummm, I think the way he has thrown the ball, the precision on that. I know last week was one of those games, ummm, the way it started, that was not as good. But, ummm, I think he has overcome a lot when those things have happened, and I think he has been a guy that has done a great job for them.”

Hoke on how this rivalry is different from other rivalries around the country:

Ummm, I think the intensity and the masses themselves. Buckeye graduates and, ummm, _ichigan graduates, I think that’s huge, how they feel. The size of the stadiums they both have, ummm, the atmosphere in those stadiums and, ummm, the passion in the stadiums.”

Hoke on the speculation of his eminent demise:

Ummm, they can speculate and do all of that. I honestly, ummm, if we get distracted and I get distracted in what we are doing, that is not fair to those, ummm, 115 kids. From that piece alone, I think I have said it, I have never been worried about a job. I worried about the job we do for those kids.”

Hoke on his feelings toward Ohio State:

Ummm, I think there has always been a respect. I think that is, ummm, from the Ten Year War. There was a ton of respect that those two great coaches had. That is, ummm, what this game is about, and you respect each other because of the traditions both universities have.”

Hoke on the atmosphere in Columbus:

_ichigan State, ummm, can be a different environment, but I do not know if you can, ummm, simulate, you try to, you try to all week, but going in to the, ummm, Horseshoe, there’s nothing like it. The question about rivalries earlier, you know the Civil War in Oregon is, ummm, a pretty good rivalry, 50 miles apart between the two schools. But when you look at the stadiums and the crowds that are in those stadiums in _ichigan and Ohio, that is, ummm, where the difference is.”

Hoke on what a win would do for the season (and say “State,” b!tch!)

You know, ummm, either team, whether it is Ohio or it is _ichigan, you know, ummm, winning that last game always means a lot. You know, ummm, I do not think there is ever a time with any senior class going out or any football team in my experiences in this game, where it has not meant something because, ummm, you want to be able to go back and say my senior year we beat Ohio.”

Hoke on why Ohio State is having success:

Ummm, that may be a better question for, ahhh, Urban Meyer. I couldn’t tell you, ummm, I’m not in their locker room.”

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments