Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Watched B1G Elite on 1996 - thoughts..

0 HS
RCRoy45's picture
November 25, 2014 at 11:46am
12 Comments

I may be late to this party but I finally watched the B1G elite on the 96 team and I was really blown away by how well done this episode was done.. it really captured the end of the Earle era along with the Cooper years very well.  What a nice run we had from 93-98 save the TTUN games...

I was really very impressed with how much Stanley Jackson has grown as a person.  To hear him discuss that era with such candor and self reflection was quite impressive.  I was curious as to what others thought about this.  I think it was very frustrating to see his attitude turn south as he was platooned with Joe Germaine..  but he has obviously reflected and grown from it.  It's hard to remember that these players aren't seasoned veterans - they are kids just like we were in college

Also very nice to see Coop shown as a successful coach who was loved by his players.. he wasn't JT or UM3 or even Earle.. but he was/is a great Buckeye and by all accounts a good man...  amazing that he just couldn't grasp the essence of the Ohio State Michigan game..

All in all.. very enjoyable watch..  great history lesson... Go Bucks

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments