Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Concerns about the run defense?

0 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
November 23, 2014 at 7:35am
32 Comments

I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the last three weeks in terms of the defense not really being able to stop the run?  I will say in terms of Langford, Cobb, and Coleman, our boys did a better job than the vast majority of their opponents at containing them and making the opposing teams QB throw the ball (poorly).  Is it a case where we can accept these guys rumbling for over 100 yards, make the key stops, and put it in the hands of the opposing teams QB, rather than focus on the fact that those guys torched our defense for so much yardage?

The reason I ask is because in the B1G title game, as it stands we will go toe to toe with Wisconsin and Melvin Gordon...  He's pretty good, even though our defense did a good job of stifling him last year, he seems to be a different animal this year.  He's going to make some plays, I think the key is to get the key stops when it counts, and make Stave throw the ball, which he isn't very good at doing.

I guess I'm not so alarmed that they've given up over 100 yards to an individual rusher the last three weeks.  I think it's just a case that they came across three elite RBs that just happen to play in the Big Ten, and all just happened to get scheduled back, to back, to back.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments