Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What the BCS Rankings Would Look Like - Week 12

0 HS
zmoty9's picture
November 18, 2014 at 10:54am
15 Comments

Posted this same topic a few weeks ago and it seemed to gain some traction, so I thought I'd check in again to see what the BCS rankings, if they were still around today, would look like.

The lone difference between this set of rankings and the real BCS is that the Harrison poll is replaced by the AP (gross) since the Harrison poll is no longer in existence.  I present to all the top 25:

1.  Alabama
  2.  Florida State
  3. Oregon
  4. Mississippi State
  5. TCU
  6. Baylor
  7. Ohio State
  8. Ole Miss
  9. Georgia
  10. UCLA
  11. Michigan State
  12. Kansas State
  13. Arizona State
  14. Auburn
  15. Arizona
  16. Wisconsin
  17. Georgia Tech
  18. Missouri
  19. Marshall
  20. Nebraska
  21. Utah
  22. Oklahoma
  23. Colorado State
  24. USC
  25. Duke

Quick observations:  I'm amused the BCS still has zero respect for the non-Power 5 schools...I didn't post the composite scores, but the BCS has waaaay more respect for FSU than the committee does (they're less than a hundredth of a point behind Alabama but are over 5 hundredths ahead of Oregon)...Big drop off from Ohio State to Ole Miss (almost a full 6 hundredths) but the Buckeyes are .13 behind TCU and 7 thousandths behind Baylor.

You can check out the rankings for yourself at this site:  http://www.colleyrankings.com/curBcsLike.html

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments