Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What a Difference Two Weeks Makes

0 HS
GregB's picture
November 17, 2014 at 12:29pm
17 Comments

Two weeks ago prior to our tilt with MSU almost none of the taking heads gave us a chance to make the top four.  I don't even think their opinion was contingent on us beating MSU or not.  Regardless of that outcome, most all had determined that OSU just wasn't on par with the other one loss teams.  No signature wins, one bad loss, a slew of patsies beefing up our numbers and just the whole tarnished BiG brand were badly against us.  

Today, almost everyone with an opinion has decided that OSU is either the 4th team in the playoff or the number one outsider ready to move up as the last three weeks play out. So what has happened the last two weeks?

I think 4 things have happened that have changed perception just enough that we are virtually assured a spot if we win out;

1) Our last two wins were very impressive;  You cant watch the last two games and not be impressed with the overall ability of the offense.  Over 1000 yds on the road the last two games, one of them being in 12 degrees and snow!!!  And the defense made enough plays in both games to look legit.  Not our 2002 or 2005 or 2009 defenses to be sure but playmakers  at all three levels, on the line (Bosa, Bennett) LB (Lee) and secondary (Bell, Grant)

2) Other one loss teams starting to fade;   TCU, as good as they are, is showing just enough cracks to allow the "OSU is better" argument to have merit.  

3) BiG is not as bad as previously thought;  NW beating ND (who "outplayed" FSU!!!) in South Bend was a feather in the BiG cap.  And IU who will likely end up being the WORST team in the BiG still holds a win over an SEC team that controls its own destiny to win a division championship with two games to play.  When your bottom dwellers have those resumes I think it helps the rest.

4) We are a huge TV draw;  The thought of a first round matchup between  Saban and Meyer probably is giving the TV guys a woody right now.

Win the rest.......... we are in!!      FOR SHORE

I wouldn't have said this 4 weeks ago.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments