Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

How do we stop the Badger rushing attack?

0 HS
USMC11917's picture
November 17, 2014 at 11:59am
43 Comments

I know that we should take it one game at a time and enjoy the season. I am trying hard to do that. I have to admit that I have a small amount of anxiety over stopping Melvin Gordon and Wisconsin's rushing attack. They are the opponent we are most likely to face. I think that a good rushing team with a solid defense is most likely the type of team that can take us out of our rythm on offense. I have been pleased with our passing defense this year but our ability to stop the run has been very unsatisfying. I need to you guys to give me reasons for optimism here. Can any of you stat guys throw something at me here to instill a little confidence going forward? I truly don't want to feel like I did after our Championship game last year.

Again, forgive me. I know that Indiana beat Missouri earlier in the year and should not be overlooked and that _ichigan will give us a competitive game simply because it wil be Broke's final game and it is a rivalry. That 7 man offensive line versus our unwaivering 4-3-4 is a scary matchup. I rarely see Ash/Fickell increase numbers at the point of attack. Maybe they shouldn't? I am not a coach but would like to have a better understanding on how we shall defeat our opponent.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments