Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Where does Ohio State Football need to improve?

0 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
November 16, 2014 at 5:45pm
36 Comments

In order to become the team that fans and media around the country touts as a playoff favorite?  Granted OSU may get a shot to be in the awaiting 4 team playoff, but with less than 3 weeks off football left, and needing to hop past Baylor and TCU, we may be running out of time.  

Ohio State isn't a perfect team (though I am perfectly happy to root for them each game).  In what areas does OSU need to improve to make themselves a top 4 team, without question? 

Ive watched Florida State play 4 times this year, and they are the only team that I think is clearly better than Ohio State.  The reason I think they are, is because they have that Champion's swagger, the "we may be down, but we are still going to win" aura.  The only way the Buckeyes can gain that swagger, is by getting to a championship-type game and winning it.

so where can the Buckeyes improve on the field? Ohio State is still 1 linebacker shy of a top notch unit.  The Buckeyes struggle to get a pass rush by anyone not named Bosa, when a blitz isn't called.  The defensive line doesn't yet have that Guard-Center-Guard area run plugger.  Punt returns and Kickoff Returns are average at best.  

I may be nit picking, but I'm by no means hating.  These are the only areas I see the Buckeyes needing to improve.  What do you guys think?

by the way, if I may, I love EZE at running back......love the dude.....sometimes, though North and South Buddy.  Quit bending those runs to the sidelines.  (Not hating, I'm not a coach or a player, just a fan being a fan) Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments