Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

A Little Perspective After Cooling Off...

0 HS
DaiTheFlu's picture
November 15, 2014 at 5:14pm
23 Comments

Let me start by saying that I was cursing as loud as anyone after Jalin cost us 14 points. We should have won the game by 21, easily. However, the more I look at it, the better I feel.

First, this was our second win on the road against a ranked team with a stout defense. Throw the conditions into the mix and this was no easy task. Again, two weeks, two wins against ranked teams.

The biggest takeaway from this is that the committee has demonstrated that they value quality wins, especially on the road. Remember a few weeks ago when TCU squeaked by a 20th (approximately) ranked WVU on the road? TCU had turnover problems as well that day and won on a last second field goal. I see a lot of parallels with that game and what we saw today. In fact, TCU moved UP after that game, even though they should have won the game by more than they did.

The conditions today obviously played a role in the turnovers, but there were a lot of things offensively to be happy with, especially JT's running. I also liked seeing Jalin and Evan Spencer taking short passes and turning them into 6. We know Devin and Michael Thomas are our big play makers; it's nice to see other guys stepping up and putting points on the board.

Finally, although the media shouldn't dictate how we feel about our team after a win, everything I've seen thus far has been positive towards Ohio State and the tough win. I figured there would be the inevitable comparison to the TCU game, but I haven't really heard that yet. Style points would have been nice, but this was a hard fought win and it is thus far being acknowledged as such. On to the next one.

Now we just need to root for Nebraska, Kansas, Miami and SEC chaos; we're still very much in this hunt. Go Buckeyes!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments