Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Some more reality

0 HS
BigBuckBeliever's picture
November 15, 2014 at 3:17pm
2 Comments

This is a follow up to a post I wrote last week. I say these things not to be down on OSU but so that more people can hopefully start realistically enjoying our great achievements this year instead of being upset about playoff circumstances and nonsense.  

My reason for doing this comes from stuff I see in the game thread and comes down to this:  do you really think that if we have to bring up comparisons to Duke (assuming VT can get that win) and playing in the snow that means we have a playoff shot?

If our argument is now having to be founded on the fact that the SEC is physically located in different states and that DUKE is somehow a worthy marker of our loss to VT, we're in trouble trying to state a case that we're one of the four best teams in the nation.

Yes, the SEC is annoying.  Yes, ESPN rides their jock like none other.  Yes lots of things are unfair.  But in the end, taking a team like Alabama as an example, they've already beat West Virginia, they beat Texas A&M  59-0, they went on the road to beat LSU and then just one week later have to play the number one team in the country and then still have to face Auburn and their only loss is to #11 by 6 points.  And all of that makes them #5 to the committee.

Our loss is to a 4-5 VT at home by 14 points.  We had to go to OT vs. a 5-4 Penn State.  And this game against Minnesota is less than impressive.

The committee doesn't give a shit about weather and about VT beating Duke.  They care that SEC teams play Michigan State level opponents every week or every other week.  They care that Oregon also dominated Michigan State and only lost to a 7-2 Arizona by 7 points.  They care that TCU posts 40+ points every game and sometimes 80 points and beat Oklahoma and Kstate and West Virginia and only lost to Baylor by 3 points on the road.

That's my rant.  Just enjoy this season for what it is and stop caring about things like weather the committee will make us a playoff team because we could have played better if it wasn't snowing.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 2 Comments