Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU's Road to Playoff

0 HS
cinserious's picture
November 14, 2014 at 12:30pm
20 Comments

I know it's still relatively early and speculative but the playoff picture is starting to become a bit clearer now with less than a month to go. Ohio State is likely NOT in control of it's own destiny and will need at least a little help. With 7 teams in front and a pair of SEC West teams right on our heels, I'm wondering what the best scenario will be within the top ten.

My take is, if Mississippi St. wins out and wins SEC championship, that'd be great, Oregon won't be stopped in the PAC-12, and FSU's road to the playoffs is a joke. That leaves 5 one-loss teams fighting for the 4th and final spot: TCU, Alabama, ASU, Baylor, and Ohio State. 

I feel TCU is our greatest threat with a remaining schedule of: @Kansas, @Texas, vs Iowa State. Their only disadvantage is no B12 championship game.

Same can be said for Baylor although they have a home date with K-State to end the season.

Alabama: our season may hinge on Miss St defeating 'Bama this Saturday @ Bama.

ASU: @Oregon State, vs Washington St., @Arizona. We might have to wait for them to lose to Oregon in PAC12 champ game before the Bucks can rise above the Sun Devils. 

Obviously the Buckeyes need to take care of business over the next few weeks or this is all moot, and that means not only winning, but decisively over #25 Minnesota, and an utter blowout of IU. I don't even want to speculate on the UM game because we all know what happens in that rivalry. A Tressel-esque shellacking would help our cause though like 41-10 'er something. 

The final piece of the puzzle is Nebraska finishing the regular season as a 1 loss and top-ten team so we can wax that ass in the B1G champ game. 

Sorry for the giant post but this is important stuff. Any other takes? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments