Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Random note: MN recruiting under Kill

0 HS
Buckeyejohn's picture
November 14, 2014 at 9:51am
10 Comments

I was bored so I went on ESPN to check out Kill's recruiting classes since he became head coach. Loaded with 3 stars with a few 4 stars sprinkled around. I was very surprised to see how well Kill has recruited the south and west. Interesting that they got 12 kids from Texas between 2011-14, but zero recruits from northern states like PA, NJ, and MD. I guess they don't feel the need to target the talent rich region around Baltimore/Philly for some reason.Obviously Texas and Florida have a much larger pool of football players, but it was still surprising to see. Below I just listed the number of kids they got from south/west region by year. Kill does a pretty good job of getting around 50% of every class outside of Big Ten country. Anyways, I apologize for a post that most will probably find about as interesting as a 9 a.m. sales meeting. But at least it is Friday! Go Bucks!

2011 (27 commits): FL (5), TX (3), CA (3), NC (2), KS (2)

2012 (27 commits): TX (5), FL (3), NC (1), SC (1), LA (1), KS (1)

2013 (18 commits): FL (5), GA (3), TX (2), CA (1), TN (1), MS (1)

2014 (20 commits): TX (2), AL (2), GA (2), VA (1), KS (1)

OH recruits from 2011-2014: 5

PA: 0, NJ: 0, MD: 0

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments