1 Mississippi State 
2 Oregon 
3 Florida State
4 TCU 
5 Alabama 
6 Arizona State 
7 Baylor
8 Ohio State

Ok. Here are your current rankings for the College Football Playoffs. 

Ohio State is in prime position to make a run and I am going through the scenario I think will happen.

Starting with the obvious. We are assuming Ohio State finishes out without losing and wins the B1G Championship game. The following is my scenario for how we get in.

These are the guaranteed games that will give a loss to someone in front of us.

• Mississippi St. or Alabama loses this weekend (OSU jumps to 7, this also assumes the committee doesn't leave Miss St. high with a loss to such a highly ranked opponent)
  • Oregon defeats Arizona State in the PAC-12 Championship (OSU jumps to 6)

So assuming the committee isn't out to dick us, we can also hope that the win against 25th ranked Minnesota and hopefully a one-loss Nebraska will put us above both Miss St. and Alabama depending on who loses Saturday.

As of now the Travis-metrics have us at 6.

• The lack of a Big-12 Championship game paired with OSU's resume of beating Nebraska, Michigan State, and now Minnesota (lol) pushes them ahead of Baylor due to the lack of a Big-12 Championship and West Virginia, who they lost to, not having another win against a top-25 team (This also assumes that West Virginia loses to Kansas State). (OSU jumps to 5)
  • Florida State loses to Miami (Fl) or Florida (OSU jumps to 4)

What does all of this mean... nothing really, it's just one of the MANY SCENARIOS that can put Ohio State into the Playoffs...

There is one guarantee of us jumping and that's the PAC-12 Championship Game between ASU and Oregon. There's one game in which we should jump a team with Miss St. vs Bama, and personally I will be rooting for Miss St. because we are more likely to jump Bama than we would be to jump Miss St.

There are a ton of other possibilities, but nothing is guaranteed past this point.

But in all honesty... we are sitting really damn pretty right now. Just win and hope it all happens.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments