Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Playoffs and SEC Homers

0 HS
stubbzzz's picture
November 11, 2014 at 4:15pm
33 Comments

I've been thinking about the playoffs a lot today and wanted to get you guys' opinion.   This morning, the sports radio guys down here in Nashville were getting all hot and bothered because Joey Galloway repeatedly made comments that neither Alabama or LSU looked very impressive.  "That was some big boy football, he played in the NFL, he should recognize that!"   Any way, they praised the selection committee for being willing to put 3 SEC teams in the four playoff spots of their initial rankings a couple weeks ago.  And said that they don't get this whole conference champion thing.  That shouldn't matter, it should be the four BEST teams.   That made me think,  SHOULD it be the four best teams? or should it be the four teams that have EARNED it?   Because one of those is decided by opinions, and the other s decided by facts and what happens on the field.  

in my opinion, making the playoff 6 to 8 teams, so you can fit the 5 power conference champions and a couple smaller programs formerly known as BCS busters.   Nobody's left out.  The in-conference rivalries would be intensified regionally fighting for the one spot to represent the conference in the playoffs, the conference championships would be intensified basically acting as the first round of the playoffs.  Then inter-conference rivalries would also be intensified on a national scale with the best from each conference facing off in the playoffs.  I think it would be great for college football.  So that's my opinion, what do you guys think?   Best teams, or teams that earned there way by winning their conference? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments