Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

41-14

0 HS
SaltyD0gg's picture
November 11, 2014 at 3:03pm
41 Comments

When Urban Meyer was hired, I still lived with the pain of the defeat at the hands of his Florida Gators in the 2006 NC game. It wasn't so much that we lost, it was how we lost. Entering that game OSU was riding high on the strength of an historic offense led by a Heisman winner. No one really gave Florida a shot.

Ted Ginn Jr. raced by everyone on the opening kickoff, jumped for joy and things immediately got worse, much worse.

Ever since Meyer took over the helm at OSU I couldn't help but think, 'Ya, he's a great coach and he can recruit, but when do we get to be on that end of a W?'.

When was it going to be our turn go head into a game that most people didn't expect us to win and then not only win the game, but do it in a manner that demonstrates just how good this staff can be on game day. For the first time in nearly three years, it happened on Saturday in EL. We finally saw just how good this team can be. Actually, the scary part is how good they were despite some MAJOR mistakes. Mistakes that you should not normally be able to overcome.

The win was cathartic in so many ways. Mostly, for me, it erased that dreadful day against Florida and now I can simply enjoy the fun that this team is.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments