Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2 part question about the 2014 season...

0 HS
Unleash_The_Dave's picture
November 9, 2014 at 12:04pm
4 Comments

1.) I know, I know, I know....we allllll know ---- that loss to Virginia Tech was a very bad loss. Clearly, it's starting to look like the definition of an anomaly, but we get it ---- it was bad. But, my first question is: have you ever heard a team's early season loss brought up so much like this before? It's the staple point for the media's daily talking points for their agenda. I have never in my life seen such oversaturation of one point.

&

2.) Have you ever seen a top 5 team with such a big time, season-ending injury to their senior (4-year starter) All-American QB a week before the season starts? Clearly, the injury had a lot to do with the bad early season loss. I'm not saying people should totally forget about it, but, the new rule should be: if they're going to constantly hang that albatross around OSU's neck ---- then they have to couple it with the fact that nobody else had to deal with such a devastating injury a week before the season starts. I don't think anybody gave OSU a real chance after that Va. Tech game...OSU deserves a ton of credit.

By the way, we know how the media would treat the scenario if it were a team like Alabama, for example. If an Alabama had a last minute devastating blow to their returning 4 year starter at QB, then a bad early season loss ---- the media blowhards would bring up an injury like that every time the loss was mentioned.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments