Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Devin Freaking Smith

0 HS
BGSUBucksFan's picture
November 9, 2014 at 10:29am
14 Comments

Say what you will about his short and intermediate route running skills as well as his drops on short and intermediate routes.  Dude is a burner and there is a place in every offense for someone with his skill set, even in the NFL.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him become the next DeSean Jackson, and I'd say DeSean has been pretty serviceable in the league.  And I do think his short/intermediate game is improving, so there's that.  Urban said it best in his post-game presser that Devin's ability to track the deep ball is unparalleled.  That conversion on 3rd and long was a ridiculous catch (and throw) and he made it look easy.  I think this offense is really going to miss him because when he converts those long balls it opens things up underneath.  I think the staff will need to find the next burner, possibly someone under the radar right now like Terry McLaurin or Parris Campbell?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments