Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What would you do if this happened to you?Z

0 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture
November 8, 2014 at 10:38am
13 Comments

i was travelng yesterday and had a layover in Atlanta. As always, I like to wear an Ohio State shirt while at airports. Buckeye Nation is every where and it never fails to get a few O-H-I-O's.

Yesterday, I received my normal average of 4 different people chanting O-H or yelling "go bucks". However, I also received some negativity. As I'm walking through the terminal, I notice another guy slowly coming towards me. i look at him because he is coming towards me at an angle but isn't making eye contact. So I think he isn't paying attention. But as we get to be about 3 or 4 feet away from each other, he leans in front of me (he had terrible breath) and shouts "Go green!" 

Caught me off guard because the lean in made me nervous and he was just awkward about his whole wanting to impose his love for his school in my face just because I'm sporting an OSU shirt.

So I turn around and start following him chanting O-H-I-O while spelling it with my arms. While he startled me, I have now startled him. He looks back at me doing this and tries to ignore me for the first few seconds. But it is Friday, the day before the biggest game in the B1G and I will be damned if I let some geeky Sparty fan yell "Go Green" in my face w/o me doing something. 

He continues walking but faster now but we have already drawn attention from others nearby. I continue chanting and following and maybe at this point now I'm being the jerk but hey, I feel justified because of the reasons stated above. It was nice as there was a buckeye couple that would chime in and help with the I-O. I eventually stop and turn around to head toward my gate when this guy starts SCREAMING "Go Green, Go White". When I say screaming, I mean screaming. It was now weird instead of an annoying funny. Some innocent by standards are getting nervous and way too much attention is being drawn so I continue to leave the area, not chanting anymore. I turn around to see some security surround him but I didnt hang around to see what they did with him.

anyhoo, sorry for the long story. What would you do if you were in public and that happened to you?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments