Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The SEC (and everyone else) should be pulling for Urban Saturday

0 HS
GregB's picture
November 7, 2014 at 7:42pm
7 Comments

The BiG certainly has a lot riding on Saturdays game.  Prime time matchups between your big boys are a ripe opportunity to strut your stuff.  In the case of OSU/MSU however the potential gains are not equal.  MSU is much closer to the top 4 than OSU and will inch much closer with a win than OSU will.  We might win and barely eke into the top 10 while MSU has a real chance to be 4 to 6 by next Wednesday if they win.  This fact alone should make all the other conferences pull for OSU.  Getting someones top contender eliminated opens more room for everyone else. The SEC would have a legit chance at two of four if MSU is eliminated. A one loss Big 12 and PAC 12 champ is a shoe in if MSU is eliminated. 

I also think Urban needs Saturday to show that the rep he developed in the SEC was real.  He had a rep as a guy that won the big ones, that given enough time and  talent the system he had was gonna beat you.  I'm not saying this is his last chance to prove  it, but it is his best chance.  A win Saturday for Urban will really elevate him I think.  We are and should be underdogs.  MSU has shown to be better all year. We have bigger question marks than they do, no doubt,  but if Urban is all he is supposed to be, he should make the difference.  Coaching is the most important when talent is pretty equal.  We are more talented than MSU (slightly but measurably).  Their recruiting has stayed pretty much the same but they finally have a coach who can optimize it.  We have "SEC" talent now and an "SEC" coach.  We will see how it plays out

GO BUCKS!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments