Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Braxton vs Barrett

0 HS
papakrom's picture
November 4, 2014 at 3:55pm
30 Comments

It seems that a popular discussion going on right now is if JT Barrett is a better quarterback this year than Braxton Miller was last year. I don't really understand where people on the JT Barrett side are coming from. The bottom line for me is Barrett has played very well against horrible teams. In the only two big games he's faced yet, he's done pretty bad throwing the ball. Commentators continually say that he doesn't have the big play ability that Braxton Miller had but he's a consistent QB that gets the job done. The problem with having no big play ability is that teams will do just what Penn State and Va Tech did and put pressure on a quarterback while covering up short passes. Barrett doesn't just lack the home run ability Miller had with his legs but also his arm. Almost all of Barrett's long balls aren't thrown very well, and we all know Miller could sling it down field. While I still think Barrett is a good quarterback, I think Miller was a lot better and had he been healthy this year we'd be undefeated and would've blown out Penn State. Please help me understand this pro Barrett logic?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments