Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Looking Ahead @ Future Schedules

0 HS
Jason Gruber's picture
November 4, 2014 at 2:29pm
9 Comments

It seems that anyone who wants to discredit Ohio State's schedule likes to point to our lack of big games. Looking ahead, here are the upcoming OoC schedules:

2015 we play @VT, home for Hawaii, Northern Illinois, and Western Michigan. Pretty weak.

2016 brings home games with Bowling Green and Tulsa then a road trip to Oklahoma, again, pretty weak competition. (2016 starts the 9 conference games per season)

2017 looks like a work in progress, but scheduled games with Oklahoma and UNLV. I hope we fill the TBA date with a banger. (An oddity with this season is we open on September 2nd against at Indiana. Odd to start the season with a Big Ten team)

2018 opens with a home game against Oregon State and a road game against TCU with a visit from Rutgers in between (another instance of early season Big Ten Game) followed by an open date, again, hoping for a good opponent. 

I am kind of tired of hearing about our lack of competition every year. Looking ahead, it does not look to get any better. Our only hope is that the rest of the Big Ten can remove their heads from their rears and step up to the plate. I hope that over the next few years the Big Ten can bounce back and become the power from years ago. I know we have some good games booked further out but the same old song and dance will continue for the next few years. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments